Powerplay Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Powerplay. These T&Cs consist of a League Services Agreement and Pitch Hire Agreement
For team captains' convenience, here are some of the key points:
- Teams sign up to a whole season (see clause 1.3)
- Team captains are liable for payment of team fees and any debts arising (see 1.5)
- If a team cancels a match it will incur additional charges (2.6)
- By ticking the 'Terms and Conditions' on the application form, the team captain agrees to be bound by these T&Cs
League and Playing Rules are available on our website as follows:
This is an agreement for League Services between Powerplay Sports Ltd (Registered company number 03493457, "Powerplay") and your team. We do not accept teams on any other terms. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- 1. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- 1.1 When a team joins a Powerplay league it enters into a contract with Powerplay subject to this agreement.
- 1.2 The team and its individual players agree to abide by the League and Playing Rules as published on Powerplay's website (see link above) and sent to the team captain upon entry to the league and from time to time.
- 1.3 By signing up to this agreement, the team agrees to participate in and pay for the whole season, whose duration depends on the number of teams in the league and may exceed 10 weeks. Powerplay reserves the right to amend the number of weeks in a season part way through it.
- 1.4 The team will be contacted towards the end of each season for confirmation of its participation in the next season. By providing such confirmation the team agrees to continue to be bound by these T&Cs.
- 1.5 The team captain alone is liable for payment of his/her team's match fees and for any outstanding team debts. Powerplay recognises and registers new team captains only on receipt of a valid, new application form.
- 1.6 The team captain (who completes the application form and agrees to the T&Cs) must be aged 18 or over.
- 1.7 All players must be aged 16 or over.
- 1.8 Powerplay reserves the right to refuse any team or individual player entry to or continued participation in its league for breaches of these T&Cs, or of the Playing Rules or for any misconduct whatsoever, including that of the team's supporters or associates.
- 2. ONGOING FEES AND PAYMENT
- 2.1 The team captain is responsible for all match fees and for clearing any arrears.
- 2.2 The total match fee for your team's league is as stated on Powerplay's website.
- 2.3 The match fees can either be paid in full before the season, to make life easy for the team captain, or in advance of each individual match in the season. A VAT invoice or receipt is available on request.
- 2.4 Payment methods: Teams can pay match fees in advance via the website, by the app, by bank transfer, cheque and at selected locations by settlement of invoice or on the night by cash.
- 2.5 Minimum player registration: Each team must register a minimum of 5 players; easily done on-line. Teams with fewer than 5 registered players may incur a £2 per match surcharge.
- 2.6 Match cancellation: Teams which cancel a match or fail to turn up will be charged their
In addition, teams will also be charged as follows, according to their league:
- London*: opposition's match fee
- FE*: opposition's match fee
- CS*: opposition's match fee
- Others: additional £5. However, a £15 deduction is available if paid by midday on the day of the game.
- *as indicated in your league name
- 2.7 Non-payment of match fees: If the full match fee is not received before the match, Powerplay may implement the 'No Pay - No Result' procedure, whereby the game is awarded to the opponent. Where applied, in London, FE and CS leagues, the team may also be liable for their opposition's match fee.
- 2.8 Failure to pay match fees may also result in the team being removed from the league.
- 2.9 Any monies owed by the team may subsequently be collected by Powerplay using the team captain's debit or credit card details previously provided.
- 2.10 Powerplay reserves the right to withhold any trophies or medals from teams which owe monies.
- 2.11 For certain leagues a refundable deposit may be payable as a condition of entering a league.
- 3. LEAVING PROCEDURE AND SETTLEMENT OF FEES
- 3.1 Teams can only leave a league at the end of a published season, to ensure each season's fixtures are completed.
- 3.2 The registered captain at the time of the team's withdrawal is wholly responsible on behalf of the team for all monies owed.
- 3.3 The team will be contacted towards the end of each season for confirmation of its participation in the next season. By providing such confirmation the team agrees to continue to be bound by these T&C's.
- 3.4 Teams which notify Powerplay in good time of their intention to leave a league will have any deposit balance refunded to the team captain within 28 days via bank transfer.
- 3.5 Any London, FE or CS league team leaving the league before the end of the season shall forfeit its deposit balance and remain liable for the full season's fees.
- 3.6 FE and CS league teams which leave their league before the end of their season will also be liable for the match fees of their remaining opponents.
- 3.7 Any team removed from its league for disciplinary reasons will not have its deposit refunded.
- 3.8 Any team leaving with monies owed greater than its original deposit shall have its arrears collected by Powerplay or by Powerplay's appointed debt collection agency, which may levy their own charge too.
- 3.9 The team's captain consents that if outstanding monies remain unpaid, Powerplay may collect the fees owing from his or her debit or credit card details previously provided.
- 4. HEALTH & SAFETY
- 4.1 The team understands that the events are contact sports containing an element of risk to its participating players.
- 4.2 Powerplay is unable to provide personal injury insurance or player to player insurance; teams are advised to purchase this as a team or individually
- 4.3 Powerplay takes care to select suitable, safe venues and able officials. However, it does not have exclusive occupation of the venues and is therefore unable to control persons admitted to the venues or how they are used and left before each team's match.
- 4.4 Team captains are responsible for ensuring that they do not allow their match to commence until and unless they are satisfied that the surface and other conditions are safe.
- 4.5 Team captains must report to a Powerplay representative at the earliest opportunity any perceived dangers, violence (or threats thereof) or any other misconduct of whatever type.
- 4.6 Smoking, drinking alcohol and anti-social behaviour are strictly forbidden at league venues. Powerplay reserves the right to ban the entire team in the event of any of the above.
- 5. LIABILITY AND BREACH
- 5.1 Powerplay shall provide its services with reasonable skill and care and to a reasonable standard.
- 5.2 In so far as Powerplay is in breach of this agreement and the breach is capable of remedy, Powerplay will use reasonable efforts to provide a solution mutually acceptable to the team and Powerplay.
- 5.3 Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by Powerplay's negligence, Powerplay shall not be liable to the team by reason of any condition or other term, or duty at common law, or under the express terms of this agreement, for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of Powerplay, its employees or agents or otherwise) suffered by the team which arise out of or in connection with the provision of Powerplay's services.
- 5.4 Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by Powerplay's negligence, the entire liability of Powerplay shall not exceed 3 times the total amount paid by the team to Powerplay pursuant to the league in respect of which Powerplay committed a breach or tort.
- 6. GENERAL
- 6.1 Powerplay may subcontract the performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement to any person without notice. Where Powerplay does subcontract its obligation under this agreement it shall not be responsible for every act or omission of the sub-contractor.
- 6.2 This Agreement shall not be assignable by the team without Powerplay's prior written consent. Powerplay may assign this Agreement to any person or entity.
- 6.3 Powerplay shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by delay in the performance or non-performance of any of its obligations where the same is occasioned by any cause whatsoever that is beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to an Act of God, war, civil disturbance, un-preventable flood, failure or neglect on the part of any utility supplying electricity, gas or water, the unavailability of or the prevention of access to premises, governmental regulations, prohibitions or enactments of any kind, strike, lock-out or trade dispute (whether involving its own employees or those or any other person), difficulties in obtaining staff or materials, breakdown of machinery, fire or accident or loss of premises. Should any such event occur Powerplay may cancel or suspend the Agreement without incurring any liability for any loss or damages thereby occasioned.
- 6.4 This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of English and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England.
- 7. AUGUST SHIRT/HOODIE/FREE SEASON PROMOTION
- 7.1 Adidas shirts/hoodie promotion only applicable for new customers who join a football/netball league before 31st August 2021.
- 7.2 Customers must play and pay for five games in order for shirts/hoodie offer to be provided. Customers who fail to turn up or pay in full for their first five games will not receive this promotion.
- 7.3 Shirt quantities are as follows:
- - 5aside football - 5 shirts
- - 6aside football - 6 shirts
- - 7aside football - 7 shirts
- - Netball - 7 hoodies
- 7.4 Shirt/hoodie colours are subject to availability, however, we will adhere to send preferred colours out where available.
- 7.5 Shirts/hoodies are non-transferable/exchangeable.
- 7.6 For free season giveaway, all teams that enter a league before 31st August 2021 will be entered into a draw on 30th September to win a free season of play.
- 7.7 Teams must have no outstanding balance on their account and be actively playing in the league to be included in the free season draw.
- 7.8 The winning team will be contacted on 1st October 2021 and the free season will be applied when their existing season has come to and end.
- The offer is non transferable/exchangeable.
8. REFER A TEAM OFFER
50% off match fee
- 8.1 Powerplay offer a Refer a Team offer, this offer
is discretionary and may be withdrawn at any time.
- 8.2 New teams referred under the scheme are entitled
to 50% off the normal match fee listed for their league for their first game so
long as the promotional code is entered on the sign-up form. See our web site, powerplay.co.uk, for the
relevant match fee.
£50 referrer fee
- 8.7 Referrers will be entitled to their £50 finder
fee once the referred team has played and paid for at least 3 games in the
league and so long as they are a brand new team.
- 8.8 Teams who refer a player will have the £50 deducted from future match fees. Match officials will receive a top-up payment.
- 8.9 So long as all referred teams are new and actively playing in the leagues, there is no limit to the number of referral payments that can be made to a team or match official.
- 8.10 The offer is non transferable/exchangeable.
- 8.7 Referrers will be entitled to their £50 finder fee once the referred team has played and paid for at least 3 games in the league and so long as they are a brand new team.
B. Pitch Hire Agreement
This is an agreement for the hire of sports facilities between Powerplay Sports Ltd (Registered company number 03493457, "Powerplay") and your team. We do not accept teams on any other terms. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- 1. The team agrees to book a series of 10 or more individual pitch hires.
- 2. The interval between each hire must be not less than one day and not more than 14 days.
- 3. This pitch hire agreement is in respect of the same activity, at the same location.
- 4. The team has exclusive use of the pitch.
- 5. Consideration is payable by reference to the whole series and is evidenced by written agreement.
Gamefinder is 1-click player recruitment for teams and players. Find or fill your team now!
The Powerplay Hall of Fame is where we honour our leagues' greatest players. Nominate your team mates for inclusion now!