Powerplay Terms and Conditions
Effective from July 25th 2023
These T&Cs consist of a League Services Agreement and Pitch Hire Agreement effective for sites operated by 3rd parties but booked through Powerplay.
For team captains' convenience, here are some of the key points:
- Teams sign up to a whole season (see clause 1.3)
- Team captains are liable for payment of team fees and any debts arising (see 1.5)
- If a team cancels a match it will incur additional charges (2.6)
- By ticking the 'Terms and Conditions' on the application form, the team captain agrees to be bound by these T&Cs
League and Playing Rules are available on our website as follows:
This is an agreement for League Services between Powerplay Team Sports Ltd (Registered company number 03493457, "Powerplay") and your team. We do not accept teams on any other terms. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- 1. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- 1.1 When a team joins a Powerplay league it enters into a contract with Powerplay subject to this agreement.
- 1.2 The team and its individual players agree to abide by the League and Playing Rules as published on Powerplay's website (see link above) and sent to the team captain upon entry to the league and from time to time.
- 1.3 By signing up to this agreement, the team agrees to participate in and pay for the whole season, whose duration depends on the number of teams in the league and may exceed 10 weeks. Powerplay reserves the right to amend the number of weeks in a season part way through it.
- 1.4 The team will be contacted towards the end of each season for confirmation of its participation in the next season. By providing such confirmation the team agrees to continue to be bound by these T&Cs.
- 1.5 The team captain alone is liable for payment of his/her team's match fees and for any outstanding team debts. Powerplay recognises and registers new team captains only on receipt of a valid, new application form.
- 1.6 The team captain (who completes the application form and agrees to the T&Cs) must be aged 18 or over.
- 1.7 All players must be aged 16 or over.
- 1.8 Powerplay reserves the right to refuse any team or individual player entry to or continued participation in its league for breaches of these T&Cs, or of the Playing Rules or for any misconduct whatsoever, including that of the team's supporters or associates.
- 1.9 Powerplay offer mixed football leagues in select locations. These leagues follow our standard playing rules but permit teams comprised of players regardless of what gender they identify as. In these leagues, teams do not need to be comprised of a mix of genders but in the interests of fairness it is encouraged to do so.
- 1.10 Powerplay offer a welcoming, inclusive environment for all players and spectators and we expect everyone affiliated with our leagues to behave in a respectful and mindful manner at all times. Failure to demonstrate such behaviour may result in suspensions or bans from our activities for those involved.
- 1.11 All teams must register a team name for the purposes of identification on league tables and fixtures. Team names must be supportive of our inclusive for all, family friendly, environment and not contain any profanity or offensive terminology. Powerplay retain the right to enforce a team to change their name if it is not in line with our standards. Teams who do not change their name when requested to do so, may be subject to ejection from the league.
- 2. ONGOING FEES AND PAYMENT
- 2.1 The team captain is responsible for all match fees and for clearing any arrears.
- 2.2 The total match fee for your team's league is as stated on Powerplay's website.
- 2.3 The match fees can either be paid in full before the season, to make life easy for the team captain, or in advance of each individual match in the season. A VAT invoice or receipt is available on request.
- 2.4 Payment methods: Teams can pay match fees in advance via the website, by the app or by bank transfer. Selected locations allow payment in cash or on-site card terminal, these methods are operated at Powerplay’s discretion and maybe withdrawn with 1 weeks’ notice.
- 2.5 Minimum player registration: Each team must register a minimum of 5 players; easily done on-line. Teams with fewer than 5 registered players may incur a £2 per match surcharge.
- 2.6 Match cancellation: Teams which cancel a match or fail to turn up will be charged as
- Teams who notify their League Manager by 3pm on the day of their fixture will be charged their standard match fee. London league teams (defined as teams participating in a league whose name starts with London) will be charged a double match fee.
- Teams who notify their League Manager after 3pm on the day of their fixture, or fail to notify their League Manager of non-attendance, will be charged a double match fee.
- 2.7 Absent teams automatically forfeit their league match 5-0 for football and 20-0 for netball. If both teams forfeit a 0-0 score is recorded.
- 2.8 Failure to pay match fees may result in the team being removed from the league.
- 2.9 Any monies owed by the team may subsequently be collected by Powerplay using the team captain's debit or credit card details previously provided.
- 2.10 Powerplay reserves the right to withhold any end of season league rewards from teams which owe monies.
- 2.11 For certain leagues a refundable deposit may be payable as a condition of entering a league.
- 3. LEAVING PROCEDURE AND SETTLEMENT OF FEES
- 3.1 Teams can only leave a league at the end of a published season, to ensure each season's fixtures are completed.
- 3.2 The registered captain at the time of the team's withdrawal is wholly responsible on behalf of the team for all monies owed.
- 3.3 The team will be contacted towards the end of each season for confirmation of its participation in the next season. By providing such confirmation the team agrees to continue to be bound by these T&C's.
- 3.4 Teams which notify Powerplay in good time of their intention to leave a league will have any deposit balance refunded to the team captain within 28 days via bank transfer.
- 3.5 Any team leaving the league before the end of the season shall forfeit its deposit balance and remain liable for the full season's fees.
- 3.6 Any team removed from its league for disciplinary reasons will not have its deposit refunded.
- 3.7 Any team leaving with monies owed greater than its original deposit shall have its arrears collected by Powerplay or by Powerplay's appointed debt collection agency, which may levy their own charge too.
- 3.8 The team's captain consents that if outstanding monies remain unpaid, Powerplay may collect the fees owing from his or her debit or credit card details previously provided.
- 3.9 Any team leaving with a credit on their account balance are entitled to a refund of their remaining credit, so long as this is claimed within 6 calendar months of the team’s final game. After this time no refunds will be offered for credit not claimed back.
- 4. GAME GUARANTEE CUP
- 4.1 In football leagues outside of London, teams whose opposition cancel (as per clause 2.6 onwards) will be organised a Game Guarantee Cup (GGC) game which will be charged at a discounted rate, normally £10 less than the normal match fee. A 5-0 victory will be awarded for the standard league match.
- 4.2 Powerplay will endeavour to play GGC games at the same time as the original fixture, but from time-to-time fixture times may need to be amended. Teams will be notified in advance of the change.
- 4.3 GGC games will count towards an additional regional league table which is managed on a quarterly basis with prizes on offer for the winners at the end of the quarter.
- 4.4 If the team choose not to play their GGC game they will still be charged the GGC discounted match rate.
- 4.5 Any team who play an additional game, over and above their league game, will be charged £10 to play in the GGC game and qualify for the GGC league table.
- 4.6 Teams must play a minimum of 2 GGC games to be awarded points on the GGC league table, at which point in time the results from their first GGC game will be reflected. The GGC league is awarded on a Points Per Game average basis.
- 4.7 If Powerplay are unable to offer a GGC fixture or the team are unable to play at the alternative time offered, no fee will be charged. The team will be offered the use of the pitch for a kickabout for £10, if accepted the team will be awarded a match victory in the GGC league and assigned the 3 points for the game.
- 5. HEALTH & SAFETY
- 5.1 The team understands that the events are contact sports containing an element of risk to its participating players.
- 5.2 Powerplay is unable to provide personal injury insurance or player to player insurance; teams are advised to purchase this as a team or individually
- 5.3 Powerplay takes care to select suitable, safe venues and able officials. However, it does not have exclusive occupation of the venues and is therefore unable to control persons admitted to the venues or how they are used and left before each team's match.
- 5.4 Team captains are responsible for ensuring that they do not allow their match to commence until and unless they are satisfied that the surface and other conditions are safe.
- 5.5 Team captains must report to a Powerplay representative at the earliest opportunity any perceived dangers, violence (or threats thereof) or any other misconduct of whatever type.
- 5.6 Smoking, drinking alcohol and anti-social behaviour are strictly forbidden at league venues. Powerplay reserves the right to ban the entire team in the event of any of the above.
- 6. LIABILITY AND BREACH
- 6.1 Powerplay shall provide its services with reasonable skill and care and to a reasonable standard.
- 6.2 In so far as Powerplay is in breach of this agreement and the breach is capable of remedy, Powerplay will use reasonable efforts to provide a solution mutually acceptable to the team and Powerplay.
- 6.3 Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by Powerplay's negligence, Powerplay shall not be liable to the team by reason of any condition or other term, or duty at common law, or under the express terms of this agreement, for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of Powerplay, its employees or agents or otherwise) suffered by the team which arise out of or in connection with the provision of Powerplay's services.
- 6.4 Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by Powerplay's negligence, the entire liability of Powerplay shall not exceed 3 times the total amount paid by the team to Powerplay pursuant to the league in respect of which Powerplay committed a breach or tort.
- 7. GENERAL
- 7.1 Powerplay may subcontract the performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement to any person without notice. Where Powerplay does subcontract its obligation under this agreement it shall not be responsible for every act or omission of the sub-contractor.
- 7.2 This Agreement shall not be assignable by the team without Powerplay's prior written consent. Powerplay may assign this Agreement to any person or entity.
- 7.3 Powerplay shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by delay in the performance or non-performance of any of its obligations where the same is occasioned by any cause whatsoever that is beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to an Act of God, war, civil disturbance, un-preventable flood, failure or neglect on the part of any utility supplying electricity, gas or water, the unavailability of or the prevention of access to premises, governmental regulations, prohibitions or enactments of any kind, strike, lock-out or trade dispute (whether involving its own employees or those or any other person), difficulties in obtaining staff or materials, breakdown of machinery, fire or accident or loss of premises. Should any such event occur Powerplay may cancel or suspend the Agreement without incurring any liability for any loss or damages thereby occasioned.
- 7.4 This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of English and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England.
- 8. REFER A TEAM OFFER
50% off match fee
- 8.1 Powerplay offer a Refer a Team offer, this offer is discretionary and may be withdrawn at any time.
- 8.2 New teams referred under the scheme are entitled to 50% off the normal match fee listed for their league for their first game so long as the promotional code is entered on the sign-up form. See our website, powerplay.co.uk, for the relevant match fee.
- 8.3 Teams wishing to redeem the offer must provide the details of the person/team who referred them to join a Powerplay league. The person/team must either play in an active team or be a match official who supports the operation of a Powerplay league.
- 8.4 50% discount will be applied to the first match fee once the referrer has been verified. Where this cannot be verified for the first game, the discount will be applied at the earliest opportunity.
- 8.5 Teams must be new to a Powerplay league to benefit from the offer. Teams who have previously registered or are actively playing are not entitled to benefit.
- 8.6 The referrer as stated above must be in an active team playing at Powerplay or a match official who supports the operation of a Powerplay league.
- £50 referrer fee
- 8.7 Referrers will be entitled to their £50 finder fee once the referred team has played and paid for at least 3 games in the league and so long as they are a brand new team.
- 8.8 Teams who refer a player will have the £50 deducted from future match fees. Match officials will receive a top-up payment.
- 8.9 So long as all referred teams are new and actively playing in the leagues, there is no limit to the number of referral payments that can be made to a team or match official.
- 8.10 The offer is non transferable/exchangeable.
B. Pitch Hire Agreement
This is an agreement for the hire of sports facilities between Powerplay Team Sports Ltd (Registered company number 03493457, "Powerplay") and your team. We do not accept teams on any other terms. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- 1. The team agrees to book a series of 10 or more individual pitch hires.
- 2. The interval between each hire must be not less than one day and not more than 14 days.
- 3. This pitch hire agreement is in respect of the same activity, at the same location.
- 4. The team has exclusive use of the pitch.
- 5. Consideration is payable by reference to the whole series and is evidenced by written agreement.
Gamefinder is 1-click player recruitment for teams and players. Find or fill your team now!
The Powerplay Hall of Fame is where we honour our leagues' greatest players. Nominate your team mates for inclusion now!